I started back at Butler at the end of August. All is well on the school front. I'll just tell you right off the bat that I'm not going to be blogging on Mondays, Tuesdays or Wednesdays...so don't expect it. And I know what you're saying, "Why Jennifer, this is a Tuesday and you are finally blogging again." Why yes. This is a fact, but that is because one of my classes was canceled today which means that I had time for 2 things; a nap and blogging. But anyways, so far it's been a pretty typical year at Butler. I must say that while the Stirling system of "2 tests determine your entire grade" sucked at the time, I kind of miss it. I forgot how much work Butler is. At least at Stirling, life was hectic for a week every now and then. Here, life is hectic Monday through Thursday.
I'm taking 5 classes (if your curious it's 2 communication studies classes (Organizational Communication and Communication Consulting) and 3 advertising/PR classes (PR techniques, Copywriting and International Communication). Plus, I work Speakers Lab and am on SGA's PR Board. And I do freelance design for different organizations on campus. Oh, and I'm doing marching band. It's a good time at Butler...crazy, but a good time. So now that we're caught up, here's an explanation of why blogging isn't going to happen Monday - Wednesday. On those days, I basically start my day at 11 and end my day at 10ish (because ish can mean anywhere between 10 and 11). So blogging...not going to happen. However, I promise that this post will not be a one hit wonder. I will in fact try my hardest to blog at least once a week...maybe more if the spirit moves me.
Ok, on to the fun stuff...here is my room. (In case you were wondering, I'm living in Apartment Village again this year. Actually, I'm living across the hall from my old apartment of last year.) You will see such wonders as my Scotland collection (which let's be real here, is most of my room), my view of the Butler Bowl and tons of other fun stuff. I must say, it is a little bit more spacious than my room at Stirling. (Let me just say that filming this was a traumatic experience. It was high drama. My battery started die (like my battery started dramatically flashing dying) and I put my memory card into the wrong memory card slot. I figured it out with about an 1/8 of an inch to spare. So, I had to get out my tweezers to extract it. But never the less, here it is.)
Now, I have one more story to tell. This is going to be a reoccurring phenomena on this blog. It's called...Overheard From the Closet of the Butler Bookstore. Now, I am completely aware that this makes me sound like a certified weirdo, but let me explain. Part of my duties of being on SGA's PR Board is to update and maintain the PowerPoint that runs in Starbucks. This means, that I go to the Butler Bookstore (which is connected to Starbucks), go to this closet, stand in said closet where the laptop is stored that is hooked up to the TV, and make the changes to the PowerPoint. This computer is really slow, so essentially I have nothing better to do than stand in the closet of the Butler Bookstore and eavesdrop on the customers (the closet is behind the register) of the Butler Bookstore. So, this is what was overheard today.
Overheard From the Closet of the Butler Bookstore
Butler Bookstore Worker (BBW): Can I help you?
Butler Pharmacy Student (BPS): I need to pick up my white coat.
BBW: Ok, let me find it.
BPS: Do I get a name tag with this?
BBW: ....I don't think so.
BPS: Because I need to make sure my name is spelled right. It's Nicholas. Like, with an H not a K.
BBW: ....Ok.
BPS: I just don't get how people can be so [CENSORED] (let's just substitute the word "very") stupid.
BBW: ...Right. So, you need to iron this before your White Coat Ceremony.
BPS: What?!?! Isn't there like a dry cleaners around here somewhere. I'm not going to iron this.
BBW: Well, we were just told to tell you to iron it.
BPS: Fine.
BBW: Have a nice day...
Well, I'll let you reflect on that one. I must say that I of sympathy for the Butler Bookstore workers for having to deal with people like this daily. Also, let me just say, that this is how Butler kids get a bad reputation. (P.S. Do people legitimately take things to the dry cleaners to be ironed?) But never the less, I'm sure I'm going to have many a good story from updating that PowerPoint.
That's all that I have for tonight. There may be more blogging that goes on later this week...we'll just have to see. Lauren (my roommate...the one that came to Scotland) is coming home with me to Evansville this weekend to experience Fall Festival! So, there will definitely be a related post later on.
No comments:
Post a Comment